To ensure correct development of applications in an early stage and to prevent issues on the KPN LoRa network, we would like to inform our LoRa community of a future network rule.
The KPN LoRa network uses data- and mac-messages. These mac-messages contain commands, meant for optmizing communication between te network and the device. A number of these mac-messages are meant for sporadic use. These are the following:
• LinkCheckReq (currently live in the network);
• BeaconTimingReq (when Class B is implemented);
• DeviceTimeReq (at introduction of the next LoRaWAN specification in the network);
• ResetInd (at introduction of the next LoRaWAN specification in the network);
• RekeyInd (at introduction of the next LoRaWAN specification in the network);
• PingSlotInfoReq (at introduction of the next LoRaWAN specification in the network);
Please keep in mind during development of your application that the network will not allow frequent use of these six commands in the near future. The commands will not be phased out in any way and will still be implemented as stated in the LoRaWAN specifications. Most users of our network will not notice any changes after this network rule, as they use the commands for their intended purpose. The aim of this network rule is to prevent excessive (mis)use of network capacity. Nevertheless, we would like to inform you of this change in the future.
We will inform you with more exact rules about these mac-messages in the near future.